You want to hear a secret?

There was a time, not very long ago, where I absolutely HATED mushrooms. Yep, it was true. Then something amazing happened!

I wanted to learn how to grow mushrooms for my husband, he loves mushrooms. So I had a friend teach a shiitake mushroom class here and she brought this hummus…mushroom hummus. I tried it. Guess what? I could not get enough, I LOVED it!!! LOVED!!! Mushroom hummus with shiitake mushrooms that were log grown, not those white, tasteless, weird textured store bought mushrooms.

Holy moly, I just knew this was the start of something very, very cool. Fast forward 5 years….I am absolutely CRAZY about mushrooms, wild mushrooms, homegrown mushrooms, all mushrooms!!!

Sometimes you just cannot get the mushrooms you want on any given day so you have a choice or a couple choices. Wait for them to come in season, grow your own, have a supply of mushroom tinctures or keep a supply of instant mushroom elixirs.

Four Sigmatic Elixirs to be exact! I have been drinking these powerful, dual extracted mushroom powders for about a year and a half now…maybe longer. I got my first Sampler Pack from a dear friend once and I was instantly hooked! There was a couple mushroom hot chocolates and a couple mushroom coffees, each specific to a certain time of day or a need in the body.

This type of coffee is:

*Less acidic than normal coffee (no heartburns/acid reflux)
*Extremely high quality (no pesticides, no mycotoxins)
*Jitter-free
*Includes powerful antioxidants and immune boosting properties…
*Boosts your brain & productivity
*Reduces stress, improves concentration, memory, and alertness..

And best of all β€” it tastes great.

My favorite? Hmmmm… I have 2!

The Mushroom Hot Cacao with Reishi is wonderful at night to help you have a better nights sleep or it can be used in these incredible Reishi Truffles, yep TRUFFLES! Chocolate + Mushrooms = LOVE!

Second fave would have to be the Mushroom Coffee with Chaga and Lion’s Mane for a “kick in the butt” so to speak. The “get” in your “Get up and Go”. πŸ™‚

I will be talking about mushroom goodness all week and share some wonderful recipes for you to try too! Also we will have a couple special treats!!!

First treat? How would you like to have a Sampler Pack of these delicious mushroom elixirs?

The sampler box consists of 8 single serving packs – one of each of the coffees, elixirs and hot cacaos. I am giving one away on Sunday evening – Sunday, October 8th. How can you win one?

#1 Comment here on the blog if you have a favorite Four Sigmatic product or which you be interested in trying

#2 OR comment on the Facebook post on the Bella Vista Farm page

#3 OR send me an email, mybellavistafarm@gmail.com

But you MUST do 1 of the above to be entered.

More shroomy goodness coming, stay tuned!!!

Anne-Marie

You May Also Like

8 comments

I love Four Stigmatic product πŸ˜‹

Yay Melissa!! πŸ™‚

Funny! I hated mushrooms too until about 2 years ago! And had no idea just how delish fresh foraged mushrooms were until this year! WOW!! I definitely want to try the Chaga and Lion’s mane. I need the get up and go without all the jitters. Looking forward to more mushroom goodness and recipes this week! πŸ™‚

You would LOVE the Chaga & Lion’s Mane Tonya!!! I had one of the interns over yesterday and after handling all the dried holy basil, processing it, she got sooooo sleepy! Igave her a cup of the coffee and it perked her right up. πŸ™‚

Thanks to you, I started using Four Sigmatic products about a month ago. I have the four elixirs and am waiting on the cacao so I can start getting it into my granddaughters. I THINK my favorite that I’ve made so far is my coffee in the morning. I use a good organic coffee, brewed in a french press. Then I add a pack of Chaga Elixir, a teaspoon of ghee or coconut oil, and about a half teaspoon of ground cinnamon. Give it a whirl in the milk frother (had to buy it when I started adding the oils) and sit back to enjoy. Great way to start my day. I choose the chaga due to it’s anti inflammatory properties, great antioxidant and it supports the immune system. The elixir also has Eleuthero which is an adaptogen (can’t have enough of that these days) and works well with Chaga. They have included Rosehips, a good source of vit C and peppermint for the nice minty flavor. My next favorite, as of right now, is the Reishi Elixir tea at night. I do this a couple different ways. Sometimes I just add a pack of Reishi Elixir to hot water, a sprinkle of cinnamon (I love cinnamon), teaspoon of either ghee or coconut oil and a splash of almond milk… whir and drink. Sometimes I make my herbal nighttime tea and add the reishi elixir to that. So good. I never feel sleepy, but I sleep really well and am more alert in the morning when I get up. I’m anxious to try making other things with these products!!!

You are pretty awesome Elaine! Yes we must share all good stuff with each other and learn together.

Would love to win the mushroom sample package you are giving away so I can try them and pick a favorite!

Awesome Kim!!! Yes once you try it, you will want to try all of them but I am sure you will find the one favorite that works for you. πŸ™‚