Welcome to the one hundred and thirty-second edition of Wildcrafting Wednesday and Herban Momma Give Away! Wildcrafting Wednesday is hosted by:
- Sharon @ Woodwife’s Journal,
- Jennifer @ The Entwife’s Journal,
- Kathy @ Mind, Body and Sole,
- Alix @ Blessed in Homemaking,
- Kristin @ Herban Momma,
- and me! 🙂
While traditional wildcrafting refers to gathering herbs and plants in the wild to use for food and medicine, Wildcrafting Wednesday is a weekly blog hop for sharing self-sufficiency and homesteading tips, tried and true home-remedies, and your favorite herbal uses. It’s a place to gather information on ways to incorporate old fashioned wisdom in our day-to-day life. It is anything and everything herbal – from crafts to cleaning to tinctures to cooking. It is remedies and natural cures made at home from natural ingredients. It is self-sufficient living, homesteading, and back-to-basics tips to save food, money, and resources. If it involves herbs or traditional methods of homemaking and home healing then we want to read about it! In other words, Wildcrafting Wednesday is a “one stop shop” for the best tips and simple steps to become more healthy and more self-reliant! Please join us! 🙂
Herban Momma Give Away!
And now, for information on the Herban Momma Give Away! Rosemary Glastar is considered by many to be the mother of modern day herbalism. Sage Mountain, the school she founded, is one of the premier herbal schools in the world. Her books are a staple on every herbalist’s bookshelf. Containing explanations on various herbal preparations, details on many herbs and recipes for wonderful herbal treats, her books are an excellent resource for anyone interested in learning how to incorporate herbs into their daily lives. I’m so excited to announce that in honor of Spring’s arrival (I was beginning to wonder if it was ever going to get here), Kristin from Herban Momma will be hosting her first giveaway! One lucky reader will be the recipient of a copy of Rosemary Gladstar’s Medicinal Herbs: A Beginner’s Guide. The contest will open on Wednesday, April 16th and the winner will be chosen and announce on April 30th. You can enter on the Herban Momma page so scoot on over there and enter!
Each week, we get some incredible posts submitted by amazing bloggers. The following posts are our featured posts as determined by our readers.
Fibromyalgia Syndrome by Living the Simple Life
Deodorant Decadence by Raising Vintage Kids in a Modern World
Make Healthy Homemade Marshmallows by Homestead Lady
Thank you to every one of our bloggers who linked up and to all of our readers for helping us pick our featured posts!
Guidelines for Participation
- Please link up your blog post using the Linky widget below. If you are posting a recipe, only real food recipes are permitted please. This means no processed food ingredients!
- Please link the URL of your actual blog post and not your blogs home page. That allows future readers who find this post and go to your link to be able to find what they’re looking for.
- Please place a link back to this edition of Wildcrafting Wednesday at the end of your post. That way your readers can benefit from all the ideas too. This also helps out the other participants who are hoping to get more traffic to their blogs. If you’re new to blogging here’s what you do: Copy the URL of Wildcrafting Wednesday from your browser address bar. Then edit your post by adding something like, “This post was shared on Wildcrafting Wednesday” at the end of your post. Then highlight “Wildcrafting Wednesday”, click the “link” button on your blogging tool bar, and paste the URL into that line. That’s it!
- Please only link posts that fit the blog hop description. Old and archived posts are welcome as long as you post a link back as described above. Please don’t link to giveaways or promotions for affiliates or sponsors. That keeps our links valuable in the future since a link to a giveaway three months old isn’t going to be worth browsing in three months time, but a link to an herbal tip will be.
- Please leave a comment. 🙂
- And bloggers, please check out the other posts and leave a comment for them too. 🙂 I know that we would all love to hear from each other. 🙂
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…