I have found the USDA office in Monroe to be extremely helpful to small farms!!! a flyer was posted on classes for farmers, ranchers and beginner farmers and the classes are FREE!!! Even better!
As stated in the flyer and on the website: www.tiny.cc/LBdf2b
Purpose: To provide awareness, training, and incentives to motivate/assist Farmers, Ranchers, and Individuals with protecting natural resources in local watersheds and communities. There are two upcoming classes. You must pre register on their site.
Workshop/Field Day #2 Thursday, May 17, 2012 9:00am -2:00pm
Location: Camp Westminster 2412 Lake Rockaway Rd, Conyers, GA 30012 Rockdale County
_ Rotational Grazing/Pasture Land Management for equine operations
– Learn about Equine Care and Safety
– Manure and compost, heavy use areas and watering facility.
– Organic Vegetable Production, Beneficial insects and pollinators
– Learn how to become eligible for USDA Programs including the Environmental Quality Incentives Program(EQIP), Water Quality, Soils and Forestry mgmt & control invasive plant species.
Workshop #3 Thursday, June 14 9:00am-2:30pm Love is Love and Bereave Mennonite Farms the South Metronome Program school, 1820 Mary Dell Dr., Atlanta 30316
– Urban Agriculture and Organic Vegetable Production, fresh food cooking demos with local chefs, shittake mushroom production and edible landscapes.
– Aquaponics, Georgia EBT Farmers Market Programs
– Water Quality Conservation, Soils, EQIP and other USDA programs.
Register at web address above or contact Lawrenceville field office 770-963-9288